Monday, February 4, 2008

EDITING


Editing is very helpful exercise for everybody. First of all, I’m going to write about editing during a studying period. All students have an experience in editing because they are doing different kind of assignments, so to write a perfect paragraph a student should edit it after the first draft. Also, editing can be not only for your own assay or paragraph, but also you can edit your friend’s writing works, so you can learn a new style of writing, structure, grammar and etc. Second, in my opinion we have an editing process during the whole life. For example, we always make different mistakes, and if we do an editing (analyze the mistake) for these mistakes, hopefully we will not make these mistakes again. Moreover, we can make an editing for somebody’s mistakes, so that is much better because you haven’t done any mistakes, you have learned from somebody’s mistakes. In Russia we have a really interesting proverbium,

Smart people learn from somebody’s mistakes, not smart people learn from their own mistakes.”

In our EAP program we have to write a lot of perfect assays, especially in level three because in that level we should have 85% as a final mark for our writing class. Good Luck everybody with you editing during the life.

3 comments:

Amin said...

Hey dude, kak dela?
yeah, smart people can do that, good for them!!! ;) Cya.

Scott Douglas said...

I like how you extrapolate the idea of editing a paper to editing one's own life. Pretty cool!

Oksana said...

Hi!
How's your fishing? As far as I know, Russian guys are good at fishing, yey?
I'm not smart because I'm learning from my own mistakes. So you have to explain me everything in details. I mean about fishing... :)